Thank you for exploring employment opportunities at the Museum of the American Revolution. All employment questions may be directed to email@example.com. Please review all available positions below and their job descriptions for information on how to apply. Due to the volume of applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
The Museum of the American Revolution is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Building Engineer coordinates the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all necessary building systems. The Building Engineer coordinates and controls a range of sophisticated, stand-alone electrical, mechanical, and digital building control systems. Will perform preventative maintenance, changes, improvements, and repairs to building systems as appropriate. Duties also include ensuring the timely and accurate resolution of any museum maintenance concerns. Must have a Class A Building Engineer License. This position reports to the Lead Engineer.
· Monitor and maintain optimum performance of all building systems, including, but not limited to, elevators, and all digitally controlled mechanical, electrical/electronic, and safety systems.
· Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the museum, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment. Monitor for compliance of safety standards.
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations, National, State and Local Building regulations and codes, equipment and preventive maintenance procedures, record keeping requirement associated with above.
· Troubleshoot problems that arise in and around the Museum and record completed and ongoing tasks.
· Assist/ maintain building temperature and humidity levels as defined in the Museum facility report.
· Engineer is present during all business hours including evening hours.
· Must be able to safely operate multiple lifts.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Related technical school degree preferred.
· Class A Building Engineering License non expired
· 5+ years in maintenance at major museum, hotel, or building
· Experience with Building EMS.
· Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and life safety operating systems
· Must be able to read, understand, and perform work from sketches, drawings, and prints required.
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical and other technical problems.
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to interact and assist guests, colleagues, and other departments.
· Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to push, pull, and maneuver various types of carts and hand trucks through the building.
· Must be able to climb and work from a ladder at a height of at least eight feet.
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseum.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.