Thank you for exploring employment opportunities at the Museum of the American Revolution. If you are interested in any of our open positions, please send your resume to [email protected]. The Museum is committed to diversity and welcomes qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply for employment.
The Museum offers full- and part-time positions in an inclusive and welcoming environment with competitive pay. Our full-time employees have access to a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; a retirement plan with a generous employer match and immediate vesting; a partental leave program; 11 paid holidays and a robust Paid Time Off plan; and flexible spending plans that can lower the cost of out of pocket medical expenses, child care, public transit, and parking. In addition, staff have access to professional development opportunities. All staff enjoy discounts on dining and shopping at the Museum, free admission to our Museum as well as other museums and may attend our public programs at no cost. And there is so much more!
The Museum of the American Revolution provides equal opportunity employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, perception of sexual orientation, gender, genetic information, veteran status, familial status, or age.
Part of a dynamic team reporting to the Director of Development, Individual Giving, the Membership Manager advances the Museum’s mission through member retention, acquisition, and cultivation strategies for this complex national Membership program of 5,000 households. Working collaboratively with the Development, Marketing, and Visitor Engagement teams, the Membership Manager will steward and develop the Membership program through multiple print and digital communication channels including direct mail and e-mail marketing, plus on-site and virtual programming. This position supervises the Member Engagement Coordinator, and is responsible for a portion of the Museum’s overall contributed revenue goals.
The Membership Manager directly oversees direct mail and online campaigns for Member acquisition and retention programs, plus a robust member-centric fulfillment process. The position analyzes renewal rates, trends, and performance to identify data-driven strategies and new opportunities for growth. The Manager works with Visitor Engagement teams to promote and sell membership at the Museum, and Marketing to promote membership in printed and online materials to encourage prospects to join and support.
Alongside the Special Programs Producer and Leadership Giving Manager, this position elevates the Member experience through digital communications, exclusive programming, and outstanding customer service.
• Working closely with Director of Development, Individual Giving, analyze and identify data-driven strategies for Member acquisition, retention initiatives, plus on-site and virtual Member experiences.
• Work collaboratively with Individual Giving team to execute outstanding calendar of events and communications that encourages joining, renewals and upgrades.
• Oversee tactics and timelines for multi-channel acquisition, retention, upgrade, and recapture direct mail campaigns, integrating printed mailings with emails and web content.
• Schedule and manage monthly printed and email renewals with outside vendor to assure accuracy and timely delivery based on list preparation, production, approval process and mailing dates.
• Work in Raiser’s Edge and MS Excel to produce monthly mailing lists with segmented variable data for targeted renewal and acknowledgement letters recognizing members at each stage in their membership experience.
• Work with Member Engagement Coordinator to ensure accurate payments and recordkeeping in Raiser’s Edge and Galaxy Ticketing, and maintain accuracy of member information between databases to support membership sales, renewals, and outstanding customer service.
• Oversee renewal and acknowledgment process, working with the Member Engagement Coordinator to update, print, fulfill and mail acknowledgement letters for new, renewing, upgrade and gift membership sales. Work with Development and Visitor Engagement teams to train and manage staff to assist in fulfillment process during peak periods and assure timely delivery of materials to members.
• Act as point of contact for Museum Members, ensuring timely and efficient responses to phone, email, and mail inquiries, and provide excellent customer service.
• Develop strategies to advance on-site Membership sales, working closely with the Visitor Engagement team to train frontline staff and implement sales incentives. Collaborate with Marketing team to promote Membership as part of visitor transactions through Membership materials and special promotions.
• Maintain registration list for Museum member events, and represent the Museum at Member programs, participating in select donor cultivation programs throughout the year. Assist with departmental events and activities as assigned.
• Draft content for select Membership communications and marketing materials including letters, e-mails, newsletters, postcards, and other core Membership materials.
• Collaborate with Museum’s graphic designer and outside vendors to track inventory and ensure all Membership materials are accurate and updated with the latest information and benefits.
• Join monthly evening lectures and events at the Museum, and work some additional evenings and occasional weekends, including select high-volume gift processing days between Dec. 26-31.
• Sustain a team-oriented, supportive environment that maintains high standards and encourages creativity, collaboration, and professional growth.
• Actively support the Museum’s commitment to equity, diversity, access, and inclusion, with an aim to increase and deepen the participation of all audiences in museum activities.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 4 years membership related experience, ideally managing multi-channel direct-marketing campaigns as revenue streams (acquisition, retention, and upgrades).
• Demonstrated experience working with direct mail and/or bulk-mail production.
• Database management skills, preferably skilled in Raiser’s Edge (data entry through reports, and reporting through exports and queries).
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, working with dynamic spreadsheets to manage data, mailing lists, and execute mail merges with complex variable data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with ticketing systems or point of sale systems.
• Strong customer services skills and ability to work with staff at all levels.
• Fiscal responsibility including maintaining budgets and managing budget projections.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to produce under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
• Ability to work weekends, evening hours, or holidays as needed.
The Museum of the American Revolution (www.AmRevMuseum.org) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter including resume and three professional references to [email protected].