George Washington's Camp Cups
These silver cups, with later commemorative inscriptions, were part of General George Washington’s camp equipment during the Revolutionary War. The original set of 12 cups, used to serve wine to aides and guests at the General’s table, were made in the shop of Philadelphia silversmith Edmund Milne in August 1777. The Museum of the American Revolution owns 10 of the original set.
See George Washington’s Camp Cups on display in the Winter Patriots section of the core galleries on the second floor.
Made by Edmund Milne
Museum of the American Revolution