George Washington's Camp Cups
General George Washington purchased several sets of silver camp cups during the Revolutionary War (1775-1783) for use in his field headquarters. These cups, with later commemorative inscriptions, are part of a set of twelve that descended in the Washington family with a history of having been owned and used by the Commander-in-Chief during the war. They were made by Philadelphia silversmith Edmund Milne, who also made a set of smaller camp cups for the general in August 1777.
Made by Edmund Milne
Museum of the American Revolution